Friday, February 01, 2008

Pretty In Pink

In lieu of an academic post, I bring you something pretty in pink. Do you remember that movie? For me it always triggers this memory of something a substitute teacher said to me once. She, in passing, told me I look like Molly Ringwald. Isn't it amazing how you remember things people say for decades?

In other stream of consciousness news – I have just tied Mr. Field Notes' record for the most socks collected from the Newfoundland's mouth. She has this thing for socks. She fishes them out of the clothes basket and brings them to us. She coyly stands there in front of us, mouth stuffed with a sock, waiting to run off when we reach for it. She gets this really sheepish grin too. It's all a game for attention. If I ignore her she gets close enough that I can take it away, and she willingly parts with it. She knows exactly where she can find more. So off she goes... I always tell her to get the other one and she does. Always the sock's partner. She seems to need to bring pairs and never mixes them up. Enough Newf News!

Here's the pretty in pink part. I made these cards awhile back and love how they turned out. The leaves left a gorgeous stain on the paper when I made it. I also put a little bit of hot pink yarn in the pulp from Mr. Field Notes' weaving. They are a new favorite. I would love to have time to make more.

3 comments:

Celeste Jean said...

You're a true paper artist. Those are lovely!

maryhanks said...

Love your papers! I love using leaves & plants in some of my faux finishing projects too & esp the red bud with its heart shaped leaves...

Rose-Segrest said...

These are great and I love the addition of the pink yarn