Thursday, July 09, 2009

Artful Bento Food for Kids


I know it's a long way off, but I think these would be a super cool way to make taking a 'sack' lunch to school more fun.

Mr. Field Notes and I searched high and low while we were in Japan for the perfect bento box for Baby Field Notes to use once she's old enough to take her lunch to school.

We decided, without discussion (I think) that she would be sent to school with food made at home rather than eat the lunches provided at school. It's something I think Mr. Field Notes is really excited to do, I know it. I think he wants to be just like the dad in the movie Eat Drink, Man Woman. It's a good movie about food, fatherhood and family ties. At one point in the movie the dad makes gourmet bento meals for a little girl every day for school - to the envy of all of her classmates.

We have yet to find the bento box, but we have plenty of time. She's not even here yet! Speaking of that, she'd better hurry her little butt up; I am getting tired of waiting.

So, I don't know if we'll actually be sending Junior Field Notes off to school with gourmet bento box lunches, but it's something to aspire to and these are certainly inspiration!

5 comments:

Ms Avery said...

Hee hee, the Hello Kitty one is so cute!

(And wow, I see Baby is nearly ready to arrive -- good luck!)

blackwhitereadallover said...

Absolutely, no "school-based" lunches. Even with my brood, it's a rule I live by, with very few exceptions.

yellowfish said...

Those are completely adorable!

Chase said...

Bet your Sis in Law could give you some good pointers.. :)

Johanna Starnes said...

Wow, what talent with the food! I love it!